Re: [As-users] Afterstep on terminals

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:51:19 -0500

Ross Camm wrote:
> i have recompiled with success using the debian method.
>
> can you tell me what version of afterstep will have the change you
> mention below, and what does this change mean....do i still need to

It was implemented on May 9th, and is released in 2.1.0 and later.
I belive debian package still has 2.0.4 with some small patches, so
you would probably need to get the sources from :
ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/stable/AfterStep-2.1.1.tar.gz

> recompile with the --disable-shmimage option, or do i start afterstep
> like this or similar
>
> afterstep --NoSharedMemory

No, you add NoSharedMemory to the base config file :
cp /usr/local/share/afterstep/base ~/.afterstep/
echo "NoSharedMemory" >> ~/.afterstep/base

for whatever user you want this to be disabled.