Re: [As-users] Change desk key mappings

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:20:35 -0500

Renegade Muskrat wrote:

> I'm running AfterStep 2.00.04 on Debian Sarge. I am trying to map some
> keys.
>
> I have the following in my feel file:
>     # left windows key + other key = change desktop
>     Key Home        A       3       Desk 0 0
>     Key End         A       3       Desk 0 3
>     Key Page_Up     A       3       Desk -1
>     Key Page_Down   A       3       Desk 1
> I have 4 virtual desktops, and this allows me to quickly switch between
> them. However, if i am currently viewing desktop 0 and hit the
> Windows+Page_Up keys, i get moved to desktop -1. Which makes sense i
> suppose, but i don't actually have a desktop -1 defined anywhere else.
> Pager only displays desktops 0 through 3, so any windows i open on
> desktop -1 doesn't show up in Pager. Is there a way to change the key
> mapping such that it is bounded to the four desktops that are actually
> defined?

AfterStep has unlimited number of desktops at all times with the
exception of desk -10000, which is a reserved number. There is no way of
limiting it. Therefore a better way of switching desktops is what's in
default feel :

Key F1          A       C        Desk 0 0
Key F2          A       C        Desk 0 1
Key F3          A       C        Desk 0 2
Key F4          A       C        Desk 0 3

Sasha