[As-users] Re: Performance with Desktop->Pictures

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:58:48 -0500

Graydon wrote:

> Sticking those in ~/.afterstep/backgrounds and referencing them from the
> mini files?

no, just create them with same file name as the background with .mini
extention appended to it. For Example if you have background named
Flowers.jpg ( I don't recommend .jpg extentions in file name), then
minipixmap should be named: Flowers.jpg.mini

>>In CVS there is a new GUI tool called ASWallpaper for management of
>>~/.afterstep/backgrounds. It creates such thumbnailes automatically,
>>when background is added to ~/.a/b. It's almost complete and will be
>>released soon.

Actually its already complete :) Just need to release it.

> Looking forward to it.
>
> Anyone interested in accumulating more background pictures for
> AfterStep?  I'm entirely willing to contribute these, if there's
> interest.

Are those Copyright-free once? Your own stuff ?
  I may want to add a dir to fao for that.

Sasha