Re: [As-users] initial placement of windows

Graydon (oak@uniserve.com)
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 18:33:29 -0400

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 09:27:36AM -0500, Sasha Vasko scripsit:
> Juergen Leising wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >afterstep-2.x.x forces windows to be placed always on the left
>
> Any chance you could say exactly what those .x.x mean ?

What I'm seeing with 2.1.2 (and CVS current as of yesterday) is that
anything with sub-windows winds up in the top left viewport.

2.1.1 isn't doing this (on a different system at work), and I'm seeing
it with, frex, Konqueror save-as dialogs and the Gimp's file picker --
not matter what viewport I've moved the main application to, the new
windows open in the top left viewport.  (2x3, in my case.)

Other desktops than 0 show the same thing.

If I start the Gimp, I get the startup window and the tip of the day
window in the viewport I start it in (from the wharf); I get the main
Gimp window in the top left viewport.

Firefox doesn't do this; I get all the message windows in whatever
viewport I start firefox in.

Konqueror, on the other hand, will start in whatever viewport but all
its message windows (like the one that says 'you have more than one open
tab, sure you want to quit?) show up in the top left viewport.

If you need more information, let me know what and I'll try to provide
it.

Thanks!

Graydon