Re: [As-users] initial placement of windows

Juergen Leising (juergen.leising@gmx.de)
Sat, 27 Aug 2005 03:34:57 +0200

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 08:42:57AM -0500, Sasha Vasko wrote:
(...)
> >If I start the Gimp, I get the startup window and the tip of the day
> >window in the viewport I start it in (from the wharf); I get the main
> >Gimp window in the top left viewport.
>
> I'll work on it. Thanks for reporting
>
> sasha

Hello,

let me show you an example:

My file "base" contains the line: DeskTopSize 2x3
So this is my pager:
                            Work
                         ----------
                        |  1  |  4 |
                         ----------
                        |  2  |  5 |
                         ----------
                        |  3  |  6 |
                         ----------

And now, let me try xclock -geometry +450+400. This gives
different results depending on which view is the current one,
from which xclock gets started (out of an xterm):

view 1: correct placement    |  view 4: placement, as if
                             |          -geometry were +0+400
view 2: placement, as if     |  view 5: placement, as if
        geometry were +450+0 |          -geometry were +0+0
view 3: placement, as if     |  view 6: placement, as if
        geometry were +450+0 |          -geometry were +0+0

Note: When I do the same WITHOUT the "-geometry" option, xclock
gets placed correctly on each of those 6 views (in this case:
RandomPlacement).

By the way, I have used gcc-4.0.1 (and gcc-3.4.3 when I compiled
afterstep-2.00.02).

Bye, bye

Juergen