Re: [As-users] Newbie Question - Help!!!

Mahtab Hossain (mahtab_hossain2002@yahoo.com)
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 02:06:08 -0700 (PDT)

I found the whole lots of applet source of Afterstep
today and from there, I have installed the recent one
(Asmail version 1.7). But it still can't differentiate
between read and new messages though (only now, it
shows the number of new message as 23 and also the
total number of messages as 23). During the running of
"asmail -v" program, I deleted an email from my POP3
account and after that, it showed 22 messages and no
new email but when I started the program again
(another instance of "asmail -v"), same thing as
previous, showed 22 new messages. Here are the two
instances:

[root@73-198 root]# asmail -v
1 > [1026] R       0/0
1 > [1026]       N 23/23
1 > [1026] R     N 23/23
1 > [1026]       N 23/23
1 > [1026] R     N 23/23
1 > [1026]       O 0/22
1 > [1026] R     O 0/22
1 > [1026]       O 0/22

[root@73-198 root]# asmail -v
1 > [1026] R       0/0
1 > [1026]       N 22/22
1 > [1026] R     N 22/22
1 > [1026]       N 22/22
1 > [1026] R     N 22/22
1 > [1026]       N 22/22

My POP3 configuration part in .asmailrc:

mailbox {
        # a mailbox on a POP3 server
        type pop3
        # allowed types of authorisation
        # plain = regular POP3 with password in plain
        # md5 = using the MD5 authentication of APOP
server
        auth plain md5
        server MBOX21.stu.nus.edu.sg
        user g0500774
        password ******
        # how often to query the server in seconds
        update 120
        # timeout for the server replies in seconds
        timeout 30
}