Re: [As-users] problems with 2.1.2 / 2.1.1

Andre De Michiel (andre@fluffyspider.com.au)
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 08:54:33 +1000

Hi,

 I've been getting the same problems that you're describing (in both
2.1.2 and 2.1.1). I managed to partially track down what's occuring last
week as I was trying to bugfix a program at work and the problem ended
up being from AfterStep.

 I think all these issues are occuring because of some X mouse event
handling code. In an application that I know is working correctly (can
run it on the same machine in a different WM with no problems), if I
click the right mouse button, hold it (so i don't receive a mouse up
event) and then move the mouse around, I can sometimes see a series of
'mouse up/mouse down/mouse up/mouse down' events occur. This is
triggering click behaviour within AfterStep which is what I believe is
producing the results we are both seeing.

I'm about to revert to 2.00.04 and work my way back through the releases
until I get to a version that doesn't have this behaviour, and if I have
a chance will start looking at release diffs to see what could have
started this happening. Any pointers on where to look outside of
events.c?

Andre