[As-users] Re: wish list item for afterstep

Sean Dague (sean@dague.net)
Sat, 29 Oct 2005 10:11:27 -0400

--===============1241844838==

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 08:41:45AM -0400, Sean Dague wrote:
> One (hopefully simple) thing that I'd love to see is new window placement
> being smart about a Xinerama screen, and not choosing to dump a window
> across the boundary by default.  :)
>=20
> Right now if I bring up Mozilla, it tends to end up 1/3 on one screen, and
> the rest on the other with RandomPlacement, which means I always have to
> move it or go insane.
>=20
> Anyway, keep up the great work.

So I finally realized part of what is wrong here, I'm not actually using
Xinerama, I'm using Nvidia's TwinView (which is faster if you have Nvidia
hardware).

It appears that the gtk toolkit and kde are at least aware of this
environment (so it must be possible to figure out), as gtk won't draw menus
across the boundary, and my gf's KDE setup has config options across the 2
screens.

Any thoughts on how hard it would be to add this?

	-Sean

--=20

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR--