Re: [As-users] configuring thems, looks, feels, etc

niklas@fet.at
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:19:50 +0200 (CEST)

> I have just installed afterstep 2.1.2 via darwinports/portauthority onto
> x11 of my mac os 10.4.
>
> I tried to change colorschemes, looks, background, etc through start ->
> desktop ->, but it does not get changed after I select them. All the
> default settings are in /opt/local/share/afterstep directory (I have not
> changed any file in that directory) as they should be.
>
> Also I cannot create any directory under ~/.afterstep. I was trying to
> create directories such as looks and feels, but it say permission denied.

well if you cannot write to ~/.afterstep it is clear that things will
not work, since afterstep writes selected user settings to
~/.afterstep/non-configurable/

change file permissions so you can, if things still refuse to work, it is
likely to be a problem with your base file (in
/opt/local/share/afterstep).

dunno, if anyone with afterstep knowledge uses darwinports to look closer
at things.

niklas