Re: [As-users] A mysterious screensaver ?

niklas@fet.at
Sun, 4 Dec 2005 02:42:20 +0100 (CET)

> Hello,

Hi

> I have a hard time figuring out why the screen get black after a little
> while :) (like a screensaver)

well this is an xserver default to blank the screen after inactivity to
protect it. this can be turned with xset. consult the man page of this
little usefull tool. this tool is especially handy to set runtime options
of your xserver like mouse settings during startup (~/.afterstep/autoexec)
use "xset s noblank" to turn it off.

> The DPMS is off in my xorg.cong and there doesn't seem to be any
> screensaver
> running in the backgound..
>
> Anywone has an idea why this happen and how to set it off and with a
> higher
> time before it occurs ?
>
> Thanks
>
> L.