Re: [As-users] trouble to compile under fedora 4 x86_64

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:57:52 -0600

Albert 'Tigr' Dorofeev wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 09:08:35AM +0100, Fran?ois Patte wrote:
>
>>I use afterstep for years now (version 1.8...) and I wanted to compile
>>2.1.2 on a new computer with fedora 4 (arch 64 bits). No problem to
>>compile, no problem to install, no problem to get afterstep at login BUT
>>it doesn't work:
>

> Hmm... I think it is time for a fund-raising campaign
> to get Sasha an AMD64 machine...
>
> Albert

I would not mind that. Alternatively please rebuild afterstep with
--enable-gdb configure switch, and then run it all like so :

afterstep -l ~/afterstep.log

Reproduce the problem, then quit AS and send me gzipped log file.

also for ASWallpaper : run it from terminal like so :
ASWallpaper -l ~/aswallpaper.log

get it to crash and send me the log

Please compress the logs as they tend to grow like huge.

Also if you could run ASWallpaper under gdb and then obtain a backtrace
- that would be of great help :

cd src/tools/ASWallpaper && gdb ./ASWallpaper
  then in gdb :
set args -l log
run
backtrace