[As-users] Re: focus to new window?

Sean Dague (sean@dague.net)
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 13:36:02 -0500

--===============0573001593==

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 05:05:25PM -0600, Sasha Vasko wrote:
>=20
> Try adding UseCurrentViewport for all apps :
>=20
> Style "*" UseCurrentViewport
>=20
> and then maybe disabling it for terms :
>=20
> Style "*" UseAnyViewport
>=20
> This is happening due to abuse by apps of USPosition hint.
>=20
>=20
> I may need to add this to default database :(

This just caused me a Eureka moment.

I had added this to my database to try to get KDE and Java apps to not jump
virtual desktops.  It doesn't help. :(

What it does do is push ALL windows back to 0x0 window during afterstep
startup, which was my problem with that all allong.

It would be nice if early startup didn't respect this, so your workspace
state could be restored.

	-Sean

--=20

--ZfOjI3PrQbgiZnxM