Re: [As-users] Re: AfterStep v 2.2.0 Released

Bob McClure Jr (robertmcclure@earthlink.net)
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:27:51 -0600

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:41:07AM -0500, Sean Dague wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 01:59:36PM -0500, Nathan Mahon wrote:
> > Major Update released today.  Highlights include KDE/GTK application
> > theming, ASRun, menu hooks for xscreensaver and systemwide desktop
> > categories.
> <snip>
>
> Also, RPMs are available for fedora core 3 & 4, and mandrive 10.2 and 2006.0
> at http://www.afterstep.org/download.php?show=RPMS, for AfterStep 2.2.0, and
> about 50 applets.

Cool, but for a couple of minor details.  I'm running a current FC4
installation.  I cut and pasted to the new repo file, but when I did

  yum install AfterStep

it went throught the usual resolution of dependencies and then

Downloading Packages:
(1/2): AfterStep-2.2.0-1. 100% |=========================| 4.4 MB    01:32
(2/2): AfterStep-libs-2.2 100% |=========================| 536 kB    00:10

Package AfterStep-2.2.0-1.i386.rpm is not signed

No installation was done.

Also, when I did

  yum install afterstep-apps

I got

Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: afterstep-apps
Nothing to do

Indeed, I went to the FTP site

ftp://ftp.afterstep.org/stable/rpms/RPMS/fc/4/i386/

and there is no RPM that resembles that name.

Good start, but I don't think we're there yet.

> Happy downloading!
>
> 	-Sean

Cheers,
robertmcclure@earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Peace begins not at a Mideast table, but at a Mideast stable