Re: [As-users] lock up

niklas@fet.at
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:37:24 +0100 (CET)

Hey !

have this too, as it is randomly and usually only happens after lots of
hours of work, i cannot make a log file since it would flood my disk (only
around 1 gig free - with log file growing at ~200mb/hour or higher). what
happens on my side is afterstep becomes slower and slower, until it
freezes,
so it is not out of nowhere for me. usually restarting afterstep solves the
problem...

tip : if x does not react, it does not mean afterstep is completely gone;
i usually only kill x if i cannot restart as from one of the consoles
to do so : export DISPLAY=:0 ; ascommand.pl Restart

almost always works for me. oh, forgot to ask - are you using debian
afterstep debs ? if so beware that debian removed mmx support from the
package so expect it to run slower then compiled from source...

niklas aka born2late