Re: [As-users] Weird window behaviour

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:23:30 -0600

Ushnish Basu wrote:
> PpKamiK <jvaras@gemini.edu> wrote:
>

>>1) The window manager took the control of all my windows colors, and I can not
>>find a way to use the default colors for firefox, thunderbird,
>>xchat.. screenshoot attached
>>

>>From the 'NEW' file:
>

>>version 2.2.0 release
>>	*Made possible application of the colorscheme to KDE and GTK apps.
>

> Remove the files .gtkrc* from your home directory (or change to whatever
> they were before) and from the install directory of afterstep.
>
> It would be good to know how to avoid this color reconfiguration using
> some option in AfterStep.
>
> Ushnish

In the same NEW file :
   	* Added Base config settings :
		BrowserCommand
		EditorCommand
		gtkrcPath
		gtkrc20Path
		NoKDEGlobalsTheming  (flags to disable updated to kdeglobals)

add this :

gtkrc20Path ~/.gtkrc_afterstep
gtkrc20Path ~/.gtkrc-20_afterstep

NoKDEGlobalsTheming

to your base.
then you can edit your ~/.gtkrc  to include above autogenerated files if
desired. I apologise for auto-overwriting ~/.gtkrc  by default, but it
is all due to GTK stupidity. Basically it has mechanism to notify apps
of gtkrc change, but unless timestamp of ~/.gtkrc has changed - this
mechanism don't work.

Same thing about KDE - it is rather silly as well : It allows you to
generate your own colorscheme file, but it will also need to be
duplicated in kdeglobals

My own recommendation is to edit :
	~/.afterstep/gtkrc_template,
	~/.afterstep/gtkrc-20_template,
and
	~/.afterstep/kcsrc_template

BTW menu now has an items for autoopening config files in editor of your
choice:

Menu/Desktop/Config Files

It will do the task of copying files from shared directory into your
private directory automagically, if those files are not in private dir.

Thanks
Sasha