Re: [As-users] Trouble swallowing Pager

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:44:14 -0600

John Meissen wrote:

> I'm trying to migrate from a system running AS 1.8 to a new system with
> AS 2.0. I've been able to migrate most of my existing desktop look&feel
> except for the Pager.
>
> In my existing setup I have a 2x2 pager, swallowed by Wharf with
>  *Wharf Pager - SwallowModule "Pager" Pager 0 0
> in the 'wharf' file.
>
> My 'base' file has
>   DeskTopSize 2x2
>
> I don't think I made any other pager-related changes to the default install.
> It works nicely. The Pager is swallowed as a 2x2 array and is resized
> to fit the 64x64 wharf size.
>
> For the life of me, I can't get this to work on 2.0.
>
> I can get it to swallow the Pager, but it refuses to resize it. Because
> the monitor is not square (duh!) the right side of the pager window
> disappears off the right.

Set
*PagerGeometry 64x64

in Pager's config

Also

*WharfForceSize 64x64
in wharf config should work

> I've tried
>   *Wharf Pager - Size 64 64
> but that had no effect.
That should work, just make sure that it appears just before the actuall
swallowing entry.

> Any suggestions? This is really the major block to my switching.

> Oh, I can't seem to move windows so they're under the wharf window,
> either. Which effectively blocks my using the right 64 pixels of the
> screen!

Change in database :

Style "Wharf*"

to have AllowCover instead of AvoidCover

also you may want to change the Layer setting to have Wharf either below
other apps (Layer -1) or same layer as other apps ( Layer 0 )

Same goes for other modules - Pager and WinList

> john-

Thanks
Sasha