Re: [As-users] gtkrc problem

Bob McClure Jr (bob@bobcatos.com)
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:58:26 -0500

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 11:14:05AM -0400, Justin Wainwright wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've also had a discoloration problem since switching to AS 2.2.1 on
> Debian.  I've read the previous posts about editing the base file to
> point to an alternate .gtkrc, but no matter what I put in there, it
> still looks like afterstep is generating a new .gtkrc/.gtkrc-2.0 in my
> user root and using that one (which changes some of my text fields to
> dark grey text on black background).  I have a backup of my old 2.2.0
> color scheme and would like to force it to use those settings instead.
>
> Thanks in advance...

Do this:
 Click on AfterStep->Desktop->Config Files->Gtk 1 gtkrc template

That will copy the template .gtkrc to your ~/.afterstep tree and bring
up an editor to edit it.  Change as desired (pulling in settings from
your old 2.2.0 scheme.  Do the same with "Gtk 2 gtkrc template".
Those will become your ~/.gtkrc and ~/.gtkrc-2.0 files.

Cheers,
bob@bobcatos.com             http://www.bobcatos.com
Jesus wasn't (and isn't) politically correct.
Send complaints to root@universe.gov.