Re: [As-users] mplayer in Afterstep

Pavel Kraus (pavel.kraus@matfyz.cz)
Thu, 11 May 2006 17:58:16 +0200

niklas@fet.at teithant o Re: [As-users] mplayer in Afterstep:
> 1-3)
>
> database is the right one indeed, try using Ident to know what to fill...
> (start menu -> modules -> ident)
>
> with it you can identify windows by window name, icon name or resource
> class
>
> just add a line for mplayer (and gqview) to database and add the params
> you want - see www.afterstep.org/visualdoc.php?show=ASDatabaseEntry

Thanks. Ident showed me that there is an MPlayer entry, so I finally found it
(and I would probably find it much sooner, if I tried the search with capital
P and M... ;-) So now I have the window decorations.

> Style "MPlayer" Layer 2
>
> for example works fine here for mplayer, analog for gqview

However, here it does not work for me. I have wharf at layer 1 (and I also
tried 0 and -1) and mplayer at layer 2, 3 or 4 but when I maximize mplayer
window (well, it is not maximizing; I press "f" to go to full screen mode),
wharf is still uncovered. I also tried to set it to AllowCover, but it did
not help. Neither with mplayer, nor with imagemagick.

Just to clear it up a bit, Wharf is the only module causing me problems,
probably because I do not use Winlist and Pager is swallowed in Wharf.

So, what now?

--
Pavel Kraus
GPG/PGP FP: 982B E56B 1372 FD2A AA14  9A7D A35F 7B2C 1275 9D7F