Re: [As-users] doing something for java applications ?

. (intent@netpratique.fr)
Sun, 11 Jun 2006 19:19:17 +0200

On Friday 09 June 2006 00:41, . wrote:
>It appears that we were handling Globaly Active input model as if it was
>No Input model. Kinda dumb, but what would you expect from me :)
> Please try CVS - it works fine for me now.
>
> Thank you all for your patience and reports.
> Keep on bothering me :)
>
> Sasha

OK, i installed the last afterstep-stable CVS, and checked it anew a few
minutes ago. I uninstalled the debian package, and compiled the CVS, thanks
to the straightforward instructions on the web site.

Unfortunatly despite being under the new version, Prorealtime and my other
applet still have the bad behaviour (stucked windows on the background).

MusE wuch is QT based still shows as well the same problem than before.

Then i wanted to try other window managers, as a short term alternative, and
some of them have the same troubles than AS (sawfish).

I think that KDE is more robust than any of the others and with few others
more mature wm (XFCE4 ?) can handle the java applet correctly.

May be they have some proactive measures to make any unfortunate X events
still behave gracefully. At this point i don't know if the origine of the
problem has to do with AS or with fancy coding style from the offending
programs.

Do you want that i help you to reproduce the symptoms with Proreatime ? (its
a "free" program that you can use after registration). But so far no luck
with the CVS version (at least from my attempt) :)

NR