Re: [As-users] 2.2.2 Release Announcement!

Nathan Mahon (as_ml@vaevictus.net)
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 08:00:39 -0400

I'm thinking, for the most part, this is due to your user directory.

The /first/ time you run AfterStep as a user, it sets up a few things in
~/.afterstep
some of these probably do specify paths to find icons and config files
and such.

if you nuke this directory before switching, i see no obvious issues.
If you're wanting to test a whole mess of versions, you could apply your
changes to ~/.afterstep via patch after you nuke and recreate the directory.
It should be a rather trival patch to make and script.

n8