Re: [As-users] xinerama

. (intent@netpratique.fr)
Sun, 4 Jun 2006 17:18:07 +0200

On Friday 28 April 2006 22:58, Nathan Mahon wrote:
> I've used afterstep with dual monitors for about 16 months now, and
> wouldn't have it any other way.
> Personally, my setup has only one "Screen"... so afterstep just sees
> that i have a 3200x1200 root.
>
> That's been the easiest for me.
>
> n8

Well, i admit this is a late reply. ;-)

I would like to thank John Meissen and Nathan Mahon about their feedback a
month ago.

I just bought my new lovely super extra Samsung 244T (a 24" wide screen !) and
i upgraded to AfterStep 2.2.

I made some few attempts to make xinerama works so that i can use my old CRT
17" as well but i am facing some sync problem that has to do with the ATI
radeon 9700. It seems that the DVI and VGA output can work under specific
freq combinations and the 2 monitors don't agree on theses. :-)

For the moment i am back to Single mode, simply enjoying the 1900x1200
resolution ! It is so great ! You can for instance have 2 web pages open on
the screen.

NR