Re: [As-users] 2.2.2 Release Announcement!

M.-A. DARCHE (ma.darche@cynode.org)
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:03:38 +0200

I have waited some weeks before writing, so that I had enough time
testing.

Nathan Mahon a écrit :
> I'm thinking, for the most part, this is due to your user directory.
>
> The /first/ time you run AfterStep as a user, it sets up a few things in
> ~/.afterstep
> some of these probably do specify paths to find icons and config files
> and such.

I know all that :-\

Believe me, I have done many tests with nuking the content of my
~/.afterstep directory first.

> if you nuke this directory before switching, i see no obvious issues.
> If you're wanting to test a whole mess of versions, you could apply your
> changes to ~/.afterstep via patch after you nuke and recreate the
> directory.
> It should be a rather trival patch to make and script.

As of now I have AS 2.2.2 installed on my machine at home and that's it.
I'm not going to deploy it on any other machines. I have this path
problem, and I have this multiple Wharf poping up problems, all problems
more detailed in this thread.

For me, AS 2.2.2 is buggy. I'm hoping for some commits to improve the
situation. And I'm sad because having a slow machine I can feel
that this last AS release is eating up less memory and is a bit faster
than the latter AS 2 releases :-(

Anyway, thank you everyone for your care and answers.

--
Marc-Aurèle DARCHE
AFUL <http://www.aful.org/>