Re: [As-users] Needing help tracing cause of afterstep crashes

Jeff Krebs (jkrebs@tconl.com)
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 23:11:46 -0500

Good question... Now another question... Have you tried the current
cvs snapshot?  Things are getting close to 2.2.3, and there have been
numerous improvements since 2.2.2.

I'm suspicious that it's been on ongoing thing since 2.2.0.

Have you upgraded Distros/Kernels/etc since running 2.2.0?

Could it be a bad DIMM? If you have a pair, try removing one,
then the other.

For me, AS has been very solid, and the current cvs is VERY solid.
I don't think I've had a lockup with a stable release of AS. The only
issue I had turned-out to be a bad kernel update that wasn't config'd
right for my VIA processor. That took a rebuild of the kernel and a
later kernel revision to fix.

Jeff Krebs