Re: [As-users] Where are master files?

Mike Rosing (eresrch@eskimo.com)
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 05:15:29 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Jeff Krebs wrote:

> OK.  I remember this... AS reads *.desktop files (on FC5,
> they are located primarily in /usr/share/desktop-directories,
> /usr/share/desktop-menu-patches, & /usr/share/applications).
> Other systems might have /usr/local/share/... .
> Do a search for files *.desktop to see all available.
>
> AS reads the data from these files and adds the programs in
> the menus.

Good try, but doesn't seem to work.  I don't have time right now to dig
deeper and figure it out, what I've got is soooooo much better than
what I had that I'm really, really happy just to have the screen work
right!  Maybe when I get a new computer in 2 years....

Thanks for all the help Jeff, very much appreciated.

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike