Re: [As-users] Where are master files?

Mike Rosing (eresrch@eskimo.com)
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 06:38:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Jeff Krebs wrote:

> Once you initially start AfterStep, a directory should be
> created in your home directory called ".afterstep" (~/.afterstep).
>
> Copy the files you'd like to edit to that directory and edit the
> files there. "autoexec", "base", "pager", and "wharf" are examples
> of what you'd like to copy.
>
> The number one thing that needs editing is wharf, and you'll
> want to tailor it to your particular needs.
>
> Jeff Krebs

Thanks Jeff.  I'm now getting confused with the "start" menu.
I can see where most of the files call things up, but I don't follow the
.include file.  As an example, in
/usr/local/share/afterstep/start/0_Applications/Network the .include file
has

SmallMiniPixmap         large/NetworkedGlobe

Category                        "Network"

The first line makes sense, that's the picture on the menu.  But how does
Category work - it's obviously finding stuff somewhere, but I don't know
where.

Thanks!

Patience, persistence, truth,
Dr. mike