[As-users] Re: Xmms - afterstep problem

Justin Wainwright (jwain@umd.umich.edu)
Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:29:48 -0400

Just wanted to add that I've seen this as well, and have seen it with a
number of different kernel versions and various forms of ALSA
drivers/versions.  I'll also notice the bitrate fluctuating during
playback- which suggests more that the audio files are to blame than
xmms/afterstep.  While moving through a playlist, I've played some audio
files at a steady 320 kbps rate with no problems only to have the next
file in the list cause the high CPU utilization- so you might want to
try various audio files and see if the problem only happens with certain
ones.