Re: [As-users] doing something for java applications ?

Volker Ossenkopf (ossk@ph1.uni-koeln.de)
Sun, 13 Aug 2006 13:10:51 +0200

Hi Sasha,

> Java was smartly enough changing dialog box properties just before
> unmapping it, causing AS to remap frame window subwindows ( including
> client itself) just after the client was unmapped, So as the result
> window was falling out of the AS control and at the same time remained
> mapped and visible.

there still seems to be a minor problem. The size of the dialog
box windows is often not the intended one which is shown in other
window managers (I always cross check with fluxbox). I do not know
when and how the window size is set in the code, I only notice the
appearance. When a new window is opened the size of the frame that it
gets in afterstep seems to be quite unpredictable. If a window tries
to resize itself, I found in most cases that the frame it gets is
much larger than what was requested. I hope there is a simple and
easy-to-fix explanation for this behaviour.

Best wishes
		Volker