Re: [As-users] ScreenEdgeAttraction is busted

Pete Houston (ph1@openstrike.co.uk)
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:12:16 +0100

--===============0369195859==

--tsOsTdHNUZQcU9Ye

Hello Mike,

I've had the same problem for quite a while. It finally came to a head
yesterday and although I do not have a clean fix, some minor surgery
produced a reasonable outcome.

In libAfterStep/moveresize.c, at line 757 there is an if block which is
skipped if the NoSnapKey is pressed. So, you could either just get rid
of those 6 lines so that it never snaps, or negate the test of the
NoSnapKey (so it becomes in effect a SnapKey) if you do sometimes want
to snap to the edge.

This fix applies to AS 2.2.2 and only applies to moving (it's in
move_func()). You could do the same for the similar block in
resize_func() so it applies to resizing as well.

HTH,

Pete

On Sat, Mar 18, 2006 at 02:19:27PM -0800, Mike Brown wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I am trying to turn off the annoying window snap behavior.  I've set
>=20
> ScreenEdgeAttraction 0
> WindowEdgeAttraction 0
>=20
> in my .feel but the behavior still persists.  I can cntrl-shift while
> moving to avoid the snap but I dont want to cntrl-shift every time I
> move a window.  Also in database I've made sure all references to
> AvoidCover have been removed.  Any ideas?
>=20
> Attached is my .afterstep directory.  I am using Afterstep 2.1.1.
>=20
> -Mike Brown

--=20
http://www.openstrike.co.uk/ or call 07092 020107