Re: [As-users] Hot Keys Ctrl-Arrow not working (under eXceed)

as_ml@vaevictus.net
Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:01:01 -0400

Sorry this is so late in response...

Exceed will be intercepting the controls before they can get to AS.
Upgrading AS won't help you a bit.
It's easy to change the hotkeys there however.
maybe ctrl-shift-arrow ... (just add an S)
Key Left A CS Scroll ...

Though it's plausible that Exceed will intercept that as well.
I used Exceed a long long long time ago ... (1996?) ... but don't recall
much along those lines. it may be configurable.

n8

Roman M. Parparov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Afterstep 1.7.xxx on Solaris 9, run under Exceed
> (sometimes 9.0, sometimes 10.0). I can upgrade AS, but not anything
> else. Exceed is configured so that the window management is delegated
> to X [almost] completely.
>
> I have one very annoying problem - the hot key combination ctrl-arrow
> that moves between pager spaces doesn't work. It looks like it is being
> sent to the application and not caught by the window manager.
>
> I just copied the configuration I had on a Linux machine before I
> was forced to Exceed, and the hot keys there worked fine.

> #
> ## Keys actions
> #
> ## control + arrow = 1 page
> Key Left        A       C       Scroll -100 0
> Key Right       A       C       Scroll +100 +0
> Key Up          A       C       Scroll +0   -100
> Key Down        A       C       Scroll +0   +100
>
> An additional caveat is that that place is offline, so if you need
> more input, I'd rather gather as many requests as possible to collect
> that information at once.
>
> Thanks for your advices,
>
> Roman.

---