Re: [As-users] Bug in 2.2.2: vncviewer always displays on page 0,0

as_ml@vaevictus.net
Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:27:59 -0400

The big problem with those hints, is that certain applications ( well
used ones at that ), abuse them seriously.
They're designed to recommend to the WM that they're providing a User
Specified Position, or a Program specified Position, ...
and there's detailed rules as to why and how they should be used... :D
anyway...

n8

niklas@fet.at wrote:
> #1 from the text of the docs dontmoveoff is not supposed to help anyway if
> i read it right
> #2 make a database entry for the offending app and add UseCurrentViewPort
> to it's flags (Ident is your friend here) or add it to the "*" style...
>
> i have a similar problem with xcalc, though in my case, there's a difference
> between starting from wharf (incorrect to viewport 0,0) and from a terminal
> (correct)
>
> all those USPosition, PPosition flags, hints of X are very confusing for me
> anyone wants to clarify a bit ?
>
> greetings
>

>> BTW, is this appropriate forum for bug postings?
>>
>> Anyways, having recently moved to AfterStep-2.2.2, I have found an
>> annoying bug.
>>
>> When using paging, if I run vncviewer from a terminal in a page other than
>> 0,0 the vnc application somehow always opens only on page 0,0. (Both the
>> initial login dialog, and then the vncviewer window itself)
>>
>> Even worse, after moving (painfully! (see prior bug/feature-request)) the
>> vncviewer window to page 2,4.. if I toggle it into fullscreen mode and
>> then
>> back again, the window immedietly jumps back to page 0,0!
>>
>> As mentioned before, this never happened in AfterStep-1.8.11
>>
>> Is it a problem with the vncviewer itself reqesting this? I have tried
>> setting DontMoveOff and NoPPosition in my feel and reloading it, but this
>> doesn't make any difference.
>>
>> Help?

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Quest Technology Group (http://www.quest-technology-group.com)]