Re: [As-users] Issues upgrading from 1.8.11 to 2.2.x

Graydon (oak@uniserve.com)
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:22:14 -0400

Didn't get to the verify step, because, with CVS current as of Wed, 11
April, afterstep won't start.

I'm using Fedora Core 6, current as to updates, and am running on an
x86_64 system.  AS 2.2.4 runs fine.

The "image recall failed" sequence takes significant time (15 seconds?),
pins the cpu, and the X windows mouse pointer goes from the startup x to
the regular arrow during.  No core dump.  "FolderAquaBlue" is there and
doesn't seem to have anything wrong with it; it displays in konqueror
and with showimage.

afterstep warning: Failed to store image id [arrow_short_small_icon].
set_flags = 0x3E
flags = 0x1
BALLOON.BorderHilite = 0x6;
BALLOON.XOffset = 10;
BALLOON.YOffset = 10;
BALLOON.Delay = 200;
BALLOON.CloseDelay = 2000;
BALLOON.Style = "TitleButtonBalloon";
set_flags = 0x0
flags = 0x0
afterstep warning: Image recall failed for id [large/FolderAquaBlue].
[...]
Segmentation Fault trapped in afterstep.
Please collect all the listed information and submit a bug report to <as-bugs@afterstep.org>.
If core dump was generated by this fault, please examine it with gdb and attach results to your report.
 You can use the following sequence to do so :
   gdb -core core /usr/local/bin/afterstep
   gdb>backtrace
   gdb>info frame
   gdb>info all-registers
   gdb>disassemble

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 04:30:56PM -0600, Sasha Vasko scripsit: