Re: [As-users] AfterStep using 100% CPU when playing music

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:11:17 -0600

Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> On my main machine i have a 3 GHz Pentium 4 with 1 GB RAM. The virtual
> machine that also shows the problem is a Pentium 4 with 256 MB RAM. Of
> course it is quite easy to tweak the RAM on the virtual machine; i
> could try it with, say, 64 MB and see what happens if that would be a
> useful test.
>
> I'm not sure yet what information in them is actually useful, but i have
> over 100 MB of logs gathered in the virtual machine while running xmms
> for long enough that AS was completely dead (within the VM i had to
> force quit X Windows). The logs compress down to around 6 1/5 MB, small
> enough that if someone else wants a look at them i'd be happy to e-mail

All the logs should be e-mailed to me directly.

There was an issue fixed in CVS that may lead to meory corruption and
subsequent CPU load issues. Please see if current CVS works fine for
you. If not - email me the log to sasha@aftercode.net.

Thanks
Sasha Vasko