Re: [As-users] AfterStep using 100% CPU when playing music

Daniel A. Ramaley (daniel.ramaley@DRAKE.EDU)
Fri, 03 Aug 2007 15:48:57 -0500

On Friday 03 August 2007 16:11, Sasha Vasko wrote:
>Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>> I'm not sure yet what information in them is actually useful, but i
>> have over 100 MB of logs gathered in the virtual machine while
>> running xmms for long enough that AS was completely dead (within the
>> VM i had to force quit X Windows). The logs compress down to around
>> 6 1/5 MB, small enough that if someone else wants a look at them i'd
>> be happy to e-mail
>
>All the logs should be e-mailed to me directly.
>
>There was an issue fixed in CVS that may lead to meory corruption and
>subsequent CPU load issues. Please see if current CVS works fine for
>you. If not - email me the log to sasha@aftercode.net.

I'll be happy to give the CVS a try in the next few days. I have what is
perhaps a silly question though: which CVS branch should i use?
http://cvs.aftercode.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ shows
a -devel, -experimental, and -stable branch. If i don't hear back, i'll
assume -stable is the right one to test.