Re: [As-users] aterm 1.0.1 release announcement.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_Duranleau?= (duranlef@iro.umontreal.ca)
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:10:05 -0400 (EDT)

---863757029-840725903-1186499405=:5304

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Jeff Krebs wrote:

> I installed the patch you provided, and it didn't seem to
> work.  Is it complete?

Mm, for the example I gave (aterm -xrm "*Page: 0 1 1"), it works fine for
me. But I tried setting other resources and it doesn't seem to work. I
must admit that I was surprised that just adding the line the patch does
worked (for my purpose, at least). So I guess it's not complete then. I
wonder why it works for "*Page x x x" (at least, with fvwm). How is the
information passed? After a quick look at the source code, my guess is
that it is passed to the window manager through the call XSetWMProperties
in main.c:Create_Windows, since xdefaults.c:get_options doesn't seem to do
much aside from parsing.

Ah well, it was too good to be true :) Never mind then. I will simply
patch my version and one day, if I have time, I will try a full
implementation of -xrm.

--
François Duranleau
LIGUM, Université de Montréal