Re: [As-users] AfterStep using 100% CPU when playing music

Jeff Krebs (jkrebs@tconl.com)
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:01:42 -0500

I installed the 2.2.6 RPM from the AfterStep website on FC7.

I logged-in under 2.2.6, started xterm, and ran the script example=20
provided.  I ran it for an hour with no appreciable gain in CPU load.

The 2.2.6 RPM does NOT have --with-gdb enabled.

Wmcpuload gave a constant 3% to 5% reading, and was at 3% when I=20
CTRL-C'd the script.

This issue is very odd.  I wonder what the culprit is?

I also ran the script under CVS with no issues either.

CVS had --with-gdb enabled.

Jeff Krebs