Re: [As-users] Strange Apereance on FC8

niklas@fet.at
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:17:09 +0100 (CET)

if restart session causes as to "exit" to gdm or termninal, this sounds like
a crash, so logs would be needed for sasha being able to find the error...

concerning your pager problem, as already said to you on the #afterstep irc
channel : find occurences of Pager in .afterstep (cd .afterstep ; grep -r
Pager *) that use different settings then the one you want and replace them
accordingly... in your case non-configurable and autoexec are the place to
look for, as you already reported that starting pager from a terminal works
fine...

to start pager : "Pager startdesktop enddesktop"
 so "Pager 0 0" for only 1 desktop , "Pager 0 3" for the first 4,
"Pager 1 1" for only the second desktop, etc...

every afterstep module has set AvoidCover (database flag) implicitly, so
if you don t want any particular module to move others around ad AllowCover
to its database flag.

if you log in as root and delete ~/.afterstep/non-configurable you will only
have deleted the non-configurable config of user "root" so abviously this
should not change anything for other users...

greets

Niklas