Re: [As-users] Fedora 8 RPMS - AfterStep 2.2.8, fotox-0.37,

Jeff Krebs (jkrebs@tconl.com)
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:40:43 -0500

Excellent, except for the Pager part :)

Disable Pager in "autoexec"

Comment out the line in "pager" "*PagerGeometry..."

Change "DeskBorderWidth" from "1" to "0" on the line=20
"*PagerDecoration..." in "pager".

If Wharf is vertical, you need to set Pager as vertical, in the file "pager"
(*PagerColumns 1).

If Wharf is horizontal, set "*PagerRows 1".

You're right on desktop scale.  It's a ratio; the larger the number, the=20
smaller the Pager.  Vertical Wharfs are easy:

Ex) a 64x64 Wharf on a 1280 wide desktop.

	1280/64=3D20

	more than one viewport (a 2x2 desktop) means you double to 40.

Horizontal Wharfs are a little trickier.  The Desk Labels ("Work",=20
"WWW", etc.) vary in height according to "Look". I recommend eliminating=20
them outright on a horizontal setup (file "database", add "NoDeskLabel"=20
to the line starting with "*PagerDecoration").  From there it's like a=20
vertical Wharf, except, you're using the vertical monitor dimension.

=66rom there, the line:

	*MonitorWharf Pager - MaxSwallowModule "Pager" Pager 0 1

	Where "0" is the starting desktop and "1" is the last.  And you=20
	may have "*Wharf" in lieu of "*MonitorWharf", depending on your
	setup.

For use in Wharf, 64x64 is rather tiny in a modern desktop, I=20
recommend setting your desktop(s) to 1x2, 1x3, or 1x4 rather than the=20
traditional 2x2 or 2x3 (in "base", "DeskTopSize"). Or for horizontal,=20
2x1, 3x1, 4x1.

Does that help?

Jeff Krebs