Re: [As-users] Windows key

Frank Larsen (gobo@gimle.nu)
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 13:54:51 +0200

On 7/9/08, brody@math.umd.edu <brody@math.umd.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>  I apologize if this is a question that has been addressed already - I
>  wasn't able to find an answer by searching.  I'd like for Emacs to be
>  able to use the "Alt" key freely, so I'm wondering if:
>      1.  Is it possible to tell AS to ignore the Alt key if the
>      current focus is on Emacs?

Don't think so. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

>      OR
>      2.  Is it possible to remap all the things in my feel file which
>      are currently bound to Alt to use Hyper instead?

Unless something has changed recently (I'm trailing a few versions
behind due to lazyness), the Hyper modifier can be specified in the
feel as the '4' modifier. I use this quite a bit, like this:
Mouse 1         A       4       Function "Move-or-Top"
Key 1           A       4       Desk 0 0
Key 1           W       C4      WindowsDesk 0
Key l           A       4       Exec "-" xscreensaver-command -lock
Key e           A       4       Exec "-" nautilus --no-desktop
--browser --disable-sound
and so on.

So basically, you could scan through your feel file and change M
modifiers to 4 and that should work.

Frank
...AS lurker.