Re: [As-users] =((((

jkrebs@tconl.com
Fri, 27 Mar 2009 02:44:40 -0500 (CDT)

I always tell folks that when you complain, and you can't provide a
possible solution to the problem, you become part of the problem.  I am
going to issue you a challenge: provide some strong, quantifiable feedback
to help the developers improve their product.

Please give constructive feedback to either this mailing list or on the
IRC channel #afterstep.  Some things can be fixed, others can't.  I will
tell you that if you roll up your sleeves and dig in, you will learn a
good about window managers and AfterStep.

My involvement with AfterStep (AS) resulted from the same scenario that
you are describing; things weren't working right, and/or I didn't
understand the WM.  In reality, it was a combination of the two.  Once I
understood the intricacies and benefits of AS, I was hooked.

AfterStep IS NOT Windoze.  Far from it.  If you are looking for an
XP/Vista experience under Linux, AS is one of the poorest choices I can
think of.  If you are looking for one of the most highly configurable
window managers in a *nix environment, AS is the way to go.  I consider AS
to be very fast, not in terms of CPU speed, but in terms of having things
where I need them, when I need them.  You can customize and tweak to your
heart's content.

Jeff