Re: [As-users] panic driven by helplessness

ed (ed-afterstep@s5h.net)
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 14:13:12 +0000

--===============1978777471==

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:31:21PM -0400, Alan Grimes wrote:
> Now that I've had a few hours to calm down after being faced with
> something I don't know how to fix I really must re-affirm a number of
> the things I had written in my panic.

Thats good. When you're in a state of mental incapacity its useful to
remember RULE:

1) is this behaviour RATIONAL
2) is this USEFUL to me
3) is this LOGICAL
4) and finally, is there any EVIDENCE.

Most counsellor's will advise doing this when you feel yourself slipping
away.

> I mean, I don't know how to fix my KDE3 colors. It's a fairly deeply
> buried config in one of the more than 140 hidden directories in my home
> folde (I did delete my .qt directory...)

Have you thought perhaps that KDE is a separate entity to AfterStep?
They do different jobs.

> But, someone in the afterstep project went through the trouble to find
> it and fuck it up for me... That is not an accident but deliberate and
> intense malice. You _NEVER_ affect the behavior of a user application.
> The user might configure an application to "use settings from X" but you
> __NEVER__ go in and make configuration changes to another application.
> So even after my initial rage has subsided, I'm still mad as hell about
> this!!

What evidence do you have to substantiate this claim? Have you tried
stracing wmmaker to see what it's *really* doing. I bet you'll find that
if you grep the system calls you won't find it open any .kde files.

  strace -o /var/tmp/as_out -s 8192 -f startx wmmaker

> I have many valuable configurations in my .kde folder, I cannot afford
> to delete it! =3D(  I need to know exactly what was done to my system and
> how to reverse the dammage! =3D( I only have a few skelital parts of my
> KDE3 installation left, I don't know whether one of them is the look and
> feel chooser or what package it is in if I need to install it to undo
> the damage done by afterstep. =3D(

What makes you think that your configuration is any more valuable that
ours? What makes you think that the afterstep developers have sought you
out personally and sabotaged your config?

> I'm going to report afterstep to gentoo security as a malicious package.
> =3D\

zomgwtfbbq! Please post the mail archive here, it'll be a riot.

--=20
The dirt trail to the XF86 Server is sending all zeros because of Mordecai =
halting the cstrike server.
The Script Kiddy is gasing up the marketing hype machine.
:: http://www.s5h.net/ :: http://www.s5h.net/gpg.html

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq

--45Z9DzgjV8m4Oswq--