Re: [As-users] panic driven by helplessness

Carl Bolduc (drcurl@gmail.com)
Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:08:55 -0400

--===============0001233886==

--00163642715477a7a70466569f4c

Depending on the version he installed, the kde color scheme might have been
modified to match the AS color scheme. At one point, both gtkrc and kde
config were modified so that all applications would fit in AS. The solution
should be as simple as changing the color scheme in KDE control panel.

carl

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley@drake.edu
> wrote:

> On 2009-03-27 at 15:31:21, Alan Grimes wrote:
> >Now that I've had a few hours to calm down after being faced with
> >something I don't know how to fix I really must re-affirm a number of
> >the things I had written in my panic.
>
> In the future, please take a few hours to calm down *before* sending a
> flame.
>
> >I mean, I don't know how to fix my KDE3 colors. It's a fairly deeply
> >buried config in one of the more than 140 hidden directories in my
> > home folde (I did delete my .qt directory...)
>
> $ rm -rf ~/.kde*
>
> >But, someone in the afterstep project went through the trouble to find
> >it and fuck it up for me... That is not an accident but deliberate and
> >intense malice.
>
> AfterStep was not responsible for messing up your KDE configuration.
> Flaming the list with false accusations was uncalled for. I recommend
> sending a brief apology to the list, and then unsubscribing. Clearly
> your sense of netiquette is not sufficiently advanced to handle a list
> such as as-users.
>
> Actually, on one of my machines i run both AfterStep and KDE on the same
> account. I use AfterStep if i log in locally, and KDE if i open a VNC
> connection. Both window managers work as i configured them, and neither
> causes havoc with the other. Often i have both a local and a VNC
> session going, so both window managers are running *at the same time*
> on the same computer, under the same account. All with no problems.
>
> The only deliberate and intense malice here has come from you. Please
> stop and think before mailing the list again.
>
> >I have many valuable configurations in my .kde folder, I cannot afford
> >to delete it! =(  I need to know exactly what was done to my system
> > and how to reverse the dammage!
>
> Take this as a learning opportunity then. I don't know what you've done
> to break your system, but learn enough about how it works that you
> understand how to fix it. In the future maybe you won't find yourself
> so quick to rage if you have a deeper understanding of the system and
> so are more likely to understand exactly how you broke it and exactly
> how to repair the damage.

--00163642715477a7a70466569f4c

 been modified to match the AS color scheme. At one point, both gtkrc and k=
de config were modified so that all applications would fit in AS. The solut=
ion should be as simple as changing the color scheme in KDE control panel.<=
/div>

ey <span dir=3D"ltr"><<a href=3D"mailto:daniel.ramaley@drake.edu">daniel=
; PADDING-LEFT: 1ex" class=3D"gmail_quote">On 2009-03-27 at 15:31:21, Alan =
Grimes wrote:<br>>Now that I've had a few hours to calm down after b=
eing faced with<br>
>something I don't know how to fix I really must re-affirm a number =
ean, I don't know how to fix my KDE3 colors. It's a fairly deeply<b=
r>
>buried config in one of the more than 140 hidden directories in my<br>&=
gt; home folde (I did delete my .qt directory...)<br><br>$ rm -rf ~/.kde*<b=
r><br>>But, someone in the afterstep project went through the trouble to=
 find<br>
>it and fuck it up for me... That is not an accident but deliberate and<=
br>>intense malice.<br><br>AfterStep was not responsible for messing up =
your KDE configuration.<br>Flaming the list with false accusations was unca=
lled for. I recommend<br>
sending a brief apology to the list, and then unsubscribing. Clearly<br>you=
r sense of netiquette is not sufficiently advanced to handle a list<br>such=
 as as-users.<br><br>Actually, on one of my machines i run both AfterStep a=
nd KDE on the same<br>
account. I use AfterStep if i log in locally, and KDE if i open a VNC<br>co=
nnection. Both window managers work as i configured them, and neither<br>ca=
uses havoc with the other. Often i have both a local and a VNC<br>session g=
oing, so both window managers are running *at the same time*<br>
on the same computer, under the same account. All with no problems.<br><br>=
The only deliberate and intense malice here has come from you. Please<br>st=
op and think before mailing the list again.<br><br>>I have many valuable=
 configurations in my .kde folder, I cannot afford<br>
>to delete it! =3D( =A0I need to know exactly what was done to my system=
ortunity then. I don't know what you've done<br>to break your syste=
m, but learn enough about how it works that you<br>
understand how to fix it. In the future maybe you won't find yourself<b=
r>so quick to rage if you have a deeper understanding of the system and<br>=
so are more likely to understand exactly how you broke it and exactly<br>
------------------------------<br>Dan Ramaley =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Dial Center 118, Drake University<br>Network Pro=
grammer/Analyst =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 2407 Carpenter Ave<br>
+1 515 271-4540 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Des Moines I=

--00163642715477a7a70466569f4c--