Re: [As-users] 'Reloading menu pixmaps' takes forever -- is

jkrebs@tconl.com
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 04:57:20 -0500 (CDT)

Do you use all of the images that are installed?  One easy way to increase
the load speed (and get junk off your system) is to remove all those image
collections that you are probably never going to use.

I generally select images I like, put them in ~/.afterstep/backgrounds/,
and remove the unwanted/unneeded packages/collections.

Maybe there's another way to fix this, but clutter is clutter.

Jeff