Re: [As-users] 'Reloading menu pixmaps' takes forever -- is

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:14:34 -0600

niklas@fet.at wrote:
> Hello !
>
>>From what my memory tells me load time is mostly that high because of
> desktop entries/categories being loaded. It was introduced sometimes in
> the 2.0.x aera... before that afterstep loaded as fast/faster then fvwm.
>
> Just my observations, sasha could you enlighten us all ?

Well, MenuMiniPixmaps 0 currently will only prevent minipixmaps from
being displayed, but they will still get loaded on startup.

I think it does not make sense, and I'm currently changing it to not do
that. So hopefully we'll make a new release of AS soon, which will not
do that.

While waiting for me, you can comment out (or delete altogether) line
that reads  reload_menu_pmaps ( ...

in src/afterstep/configure.c  (approximately line 1899)

Thanks for reporting that.

Sasha Vasko