Re: [As-users] Software recommendation

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Mon, 06 Apr 2009 12:12:37 -0600

Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> I'd like a program to switch my desktop background on a regular basis
> among various images stored in a directory. It would be nice if i could
> switch all 4 of my virtual desktops simultaneously (as well as the
> background that Pager displays for each desktop). I know there are many
> packages that can do simple background rotation for one desktop. Which
> ones work best with AfterStep and Pager though?

It is currently not possible to switch backgrounds on desktops other
then current. It would not be difficult to modify AfterStep to allow for
something like that though. Perhaps adding logic to Background function
handling to check if the first parameter is a number then use it as the
desktop number to change background at.

Sasha Vasko