Re: [As-users] One application with multiple windows on multiple

Sasha Vasko (sasha@aftercode.net)
Tue, 14 Apr 2009 16:12:37 -0600

Pete Houston wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 01:07:32PM -0500, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
>> In the past i could have multiple windows from one application on
>> different desktops. Awhile ago Firefox stopped allowing that; if i try
>> to move a window to another desktop, *all* Firefox windows move to the
>> new desktop. Today for the first time my terminal application started
>> exhibiting the same behavior.
>>
>> I'm running AfterStep 2.2.8 on Debian Testing. Is this an AfterStep
>> setting, or something at the application level?
>
> Hello Dan,
>
> I had the same issue with Firefox, but setting "NoGroupHints" in the
> afterstep "database" file has fixed it for me.

Correct. This is being governed by the Group hint being set by the
application. Apparently whatever terminal emulator started doing that
for you - changed its behavior.

Fortunately AS gives you total control over stuff like that. Just add
NoGroupHint style for the offender into database.