Re: Pager weirdness(?)

dpeterso@ne.orst.edu
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 14:11:20 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Stelios Bounanos wrote:

>> (2) middle click is supposed to let you drag windows around. So when you
>> click and release right away - it treats it as very short drag.
>>

>  I can't imagine anyone(?) depending on the current behaviour for a
>middle-click-then-release, so would you consider changing it to give
>focus? I just demonstrated above that it can be useful :)

Lots of things can be useful to different people.  I find the current
behavior of the Pager to be EXACTLY what I need to clean up/reorganize
cluttered desks.  The "draggability" of the pager is MUCH more convenient
IMHO for  moving windows than trying clicking on a window, then a pop up,
then "move to desk n".  Infact, this is one thing I haven't seen on any
other pager---the ability to drag windows across DESKS as well as pages.
A feature I "never" use, though, is the 3rd button movement of the
viewport.  Perhpas that could be chosen for the focus?  (Or some other
conbobulation of buttons like SHIFT-Button2 etc?)

Just $0.015 from an avid AS user drooling over the release of 2.0 :-)

Cheers,
-Don