Re: TitleButtonBalloons

Sasha_Vasko@osca.state.mo.us
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:18:02 -0600

Well, ok I'm easy to convince :)

Things like :

> Mouse 3         6       A       Maximize 0 100 "Maximize Tall"

will not be possible, since everything after function name is treated as
function body, due to free-text format of the function declaration.
Besides that will make binding lines awfully long - they are too long
already.

What I can do is add another option o feel :

ContextHelp   <context>  <help text>

where <context> will be 0-9 for buttons
R - for root window
F - window frame
S - botom bar
I - icon window
T - Titlebar
W - application window

same as in bindings actually.

Needless to say that this sort of thing will not go into 1.8.* series,
so it is like requesting Linus Torvalds to put some nifty new feature into
kernel, shortly after stable kernel release. This will go into development
tree, but it will be about 2-3 month before development tree will become
usefull
for average user. I know there is an opinion that AfterStep is dead and not
being worked on, due to lack of fuss about it in media. But it is not true
-
we are actively working on it and long release cycle is nothing but
indication
of the complexity of the project, scale of changed and the fact that there
are
only 2 developers working on it - me on afterstep proper and libs and
Andrew Ferguson on ASCP. So bear with us - we are working as hard as we
can.
Or better yet - help us :)

Cheers
Sasha Vasko.