Re: Pager weirdness(?)

Stelios Bounanos (sb@dial.pipex.com)
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:50:17 +0000

In message <Pine.GSO.4.05.10103142354290.24174-100000@parka.winternet.com>,
    Michael Vieths <foeclan@winternet.com> wrote:

> Actually, I use it when I open a window whose title bar ends up
> off-screen, so I can get to it.  It's also handy for reorganizing windows
> without having to switch desktops.

Hello Michael,

It seems that you are talking about dragging around windows in the Pager
with the middle mouse button, whereas I'm talking about the *single*
middle click on the pager which currently is the same as a short drag.
That is the behaviour I'd like to see changed / changeable (thanks Sasha).

Incidentally, for the situation you're describing, I have set the feel file
so that a middle-drag anywhere on the bottom bar moves the window:

Mouse 2         FS      A       Move

In the rare cases where even the bottom bar is invisible, I have the "Window"
menu appear with a middle-click on the root window and I can select Move from
there.

> --
> Michael Vieths
> Foeclan@Winternet.Com
>
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Stelios Bounanos wrote:

[snip]

> > Ah, I see. However I do remember using the Pager that way -- I used to
> > switch to an empty page, middle-click on a netscape window somewhere
> > else and type Alt-n. Then a new window popped up in the empty page,
> > very convenient!
> >   I can't imagine anyone(?) depending on the current behaviour for a
> > middle-click-then-release, so would you consider changing it to give
> > focus? I just demonstrated above that it can be useful :)

[snip]

Regards,
-/sb.

--