Re: Restoring Background after Stopping Animations

Clark Ashton Smith (CAS@FutureRealms.com)
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:45:55 -0500

Success!
I had created a sub directory named "Backgrounds" at:
~/G/L/A/start/Backgrounds
and in it I put a .include file in it with:

keepname
include "~/GNUstep/Library/AfterStep/BackGrounds" Background
command Background

The actual background images are stored where the include
file pointed to.

Then I put in a command to stop animations and restore
background in that same directory that contained the .include
file and I called it b_StopAnimation. I put the following line
in the menu file:

Exec "Stop animation" exec sh -c "killall xlock && ascommand.pl 'Module \"\" asetroot'"

No matter what I did, that line would only temporarily stop animations and it would
load the xv program background.   Weird.  Anyway, moving that menu command-file to
another directory solved the problem.  Apparently you can't have menu commands share
the same directory as a picture list.  Who knew?

Thanks for your help on this one.
--
CAS