Re: Restoring Background after Stopping Animations

Andrew Ferguson (andrew@owsla.cjb.net)
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:01:06 -0500

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:25:47 as-users@afterstep.org wrote:
> General Question: Is anyone actively maintaining AS documentation these
> days? Many files within AS still reference 1.7, and compiling
> libasConfig seems totally undocumented...

We're going through a transition period right now, so no, no one's working
on the docs. Volunteers are always welcome. libasConfig in 1.8.x is very,
very basic. It contains configuration ability for only a few files. In the
1.9.x CVS, libasConfig reads and writes all of the config files and then
some. There is some libasConfig documentation (doc/code/libasimage-HOWTO
and friends), but most written docs are in the code itself and the vast
majority is in Sasha's and my heads. Ask questions and ye shall find out.
:)

BTW, you seem to know a lot about AfterStep code base. Want to help? :)